Monday, September 24, 2012

Q106: IS IT ALRIGHT TO DO BUSINESS WITH IDOLATRY? Idolatry is the Greatest Impurity. God is Pure; and He Wants Us to Be Pure Like Him! Therefore, God Commands Us to Avoid and Get Away From All Sorts and Styles of Idolatry!



Hi Lope!

I want to know about my business of selling herbs; I have my herbs in a new age store and they do tarot card readings and things of this nature. Also, my husband Dirk does signs and we have a job from a church that wants us to do a banner for people to come back to Sunday worship at their church. We want to know if we should not do these jobs? Thank You!! 


-- LOLA RUTHERFORD

   Salem, Oregon, USA



Hi, Lola,

Thanks for your latest question. With regard to your business of selling herbs to that new age store doing Tarot card readings, I suggest that you avoid such store. The main goal of our lives today is to be pure in God's eyes, as this is a requirement to be part of Christ's entourage when He returns. Tarot card reading is part of the impure Kabbalah practices that God prohibits.


With regard to your husband Dick; it is the same. Making a banner to remind people to attend pagan Church services on Sundays is like participating in that pagan worship; even though it is just a business. It is like the business of making sculptured idols of wood and stone, like the sculpture of the infant "Jesus" and Mary; and selling them to idolaters. 

IDOLATRY IS THE GREATEST IMPURITY

God is Pure; and He Wants Us to Be Pure Like Him! Therefore, God Commands Us to Avoid and Get Away From All Sorts and Styles of Idolatry.

Even though, we don't worship idols, but if we make a business of idolatry of other people, that is really awkward, and we are giving Satan the chance to accuse us before God. To be safe and pure, we must avoid these spots and blemishes. Anyway, God can always open doors and ideas of pure great business opportunities for us. The following Scriptures support what I'm saying:
  • ... your teachers won't be hidden anymore, but your eyes will see your teachers;  (Isa 30:20 HNV)
  • And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left.  (Isa 30:21 MKJV)
  • ... defile the covering of your graven images of silver, and the ornament of your molten images of gold. You shall cast them away like a menstruous cloth. You shall say to it, Get away.  (Isa 30:22 MKJV)
  • Then He shall give the rain for your seed, with which you sow the ground. And the bread of the produce of the earth also shall be fat and plentiful. In that day your cattle shall feed in large pastures.  (Isa 30:23 MKJV)
I hope that these answers your question. 

Regards,

LOPE


Shalom Lope,

We agree wholeheartedly with your answer to what we perceived to be a difficult question, God put it in our hearts to start, then Lola wrote to seek your advice and the rest is now history, I myself have sent the e-mail to the congregation that I was to do the banner for. The following is my e-mail to them.
    
Shalom Dell;
    
A discussion with my Rabbi came up concerning the banner I was doing for you and your congregation, I myself and Lola (Wife) are messianic believers in Yeshuah.  We concern ourselves with Torah study the keeping of all of the Festivals of YHVH.  We also keep Sabbath (Saturday) for our day of rest as God commands us.

We know that Constantine started pagan Sunday worship.  With all the pagan holidays Christmas and Easter.  I now cannot in good conscience do work for what I believe to be totally against the word of God.  To advertise for a Sunday serving people is against our belief.

I have prayed about this, discussed it over and over, it is for me the right thing to do.

Personally both Lola and myself like you and you would always be welcome to stop by, I know we both read the same bible, we just have different interpretations.  There are many of us coming out of the church, to new revelations and truths concerning our God and His Word.
    
Shalom
 

Dirk
    
Well there it is, Lola will go today to take her herbs out of the new age store.


Thanks Lope for being my Rabbi (teacher) for the day.

-- Dirk and Lola

Hi, Dirk and Lola!

I thank our God the Father in Heaven for the willingness and purity of your hearts to obey His Will. He will surely bless your sincerity and wholeheartedness to live as He desires for all His children. Very soon, we will see Him face-to-face.

Thanks for everything,

LOPE COLUMNA


No comments:

Post a Comment