If I may again ask a question. Who is the BRIDE OF CHRIST mentioned? Upon further reading from some sources it says that the Church is the real bride. Which is which? WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BRIDE OF CHRIST AND THE CHURCH? Are They The Same?
The understanding of many people is that the Church and the BRIDE OF CHRIST are the same. Is this correct?
Let's settle this cloudy subject and make it clear using the Bible scriptures. As a general description, we can say that the Church and the BRIDE are of the same entity, but of DIFFERENT DIMENSION and LEVEL.
The CHURCH IS THE ITCHY "CATERPILLAR".
The BRIDE OF CHRIST IS THE BEAUTIFUL "BUTTERFLY!"
As an analogy, we can view the Church as the CATERPILLAR, and the BRIDE as the beautiful monarch BUTTERFLY that was transformed from that same caterpillar.
- Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God. (Rom 12:2 MKJV)
The change or transformation of a caterpillar to a Butterfly is called METAMORPHOSIS. Both Metamorphosis and the word "TRANSFORMED" in Romans 12:2, came from the same Greek word "METAMORPHOO."
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "CHURCH?"
The very first time that the word 'CHURCH' appears in the Bible is in Matthew 16:18, from the mouth of Christ Himself.
- And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (Mat 16:18 KJV)
In other words, a CHURCH means just a group of people "called out of this world" by Christ, assembling together, to be built by Christ to something of a high and divine purpose. This Church-to-BRIDE building project is composed of the three construction processes or stages.
FIRST STAGE OF SALVATION: The CALLING OUT.
The CHURCH IS JUST THE INITIAL STEP OF SALVATION
- And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my CHURCH... (Mat 16:18 KJV)
2ND STAGE OF SALVATION: The CHOOSING STAGE.
TO BE CHOSEN, ONE MUST STRIVE TO PRODUCE THE PROPER WEDDING GARMENT (RIGHTEOUS DEEDS)!
- And the king coming in to look over the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. (Mat 22:11 MKJV)
- And he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. (Mat 22:12 MKJV)
- Then the King said to the servants, Bind him hand and foot and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Mat 22:13 MKJV)
- For MANY ARE CALLED, BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN. (Mat 22:14 MKJV)
When Christ said, "I will build my church (ekklesia)..., what does it mean?
Meaning of BUILD = OIKODOMEO (G3618) = To build (up from the foundation).
- Whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on a rock. (Mat 7:24 MKJV)
- And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house. And it did not fall, for it was founded on a rock. (Mat 7:25 MKJV)
- Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him, and established in the faith... (Col 2:6-7 MKJV)
- You also as living stones are built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood... (1Pe 2:5 MKJV)
So, how can one really identify the true followers of Christ, or the true religion from the false? The ONLY authority to give us the true identity is JESUS CHRIST Himself! Here is what Christ said when asked by His true followers:
- To you it is given to know the (Kabbalah) mystery of the kingdom of God. But to those outside, all these things are given in parables so that seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand... (Mar 4:11-12 MKJV).
- The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. (Psa 25:14 KJV)
- For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice; and the (KABBALAH) KNOWLEDGE OF GOD more than burnt offerings. (Hos 6:6 HNV)
EVERY CHURCH, SECT, OR RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION THAT DOES NOT KNOW THE MESSIANIC KABBALAH WISDOM IS NOT THE BRIDE OF CHRIST!
- But they, like Adam, have broken the covenant. They were unfaithful to me, there. (Hos 6:7 HNV)
These confused and conflicting churches and their members (the "Caterpillars") are also using the Bible in their preaching and fellowships, but as Christ said: "seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear and not understand."
They also have their Bible studies, but because of their ignorance about the Messianic Kabbalah wisdom, they keep on "ever learning and never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth." (2Ti 3:7).
Christ will reject them at His return.
THE CONCLUSION OF THE MATTER
In summary, the true followers of Christ, who composed the genuine BRIDE OF CHRIST, possess the following vital ID's of the TRUE RELIGION OF CHRIST:
1. Fear of God,
2. Messianic Kabbalah Wisdom, and
3. Truth and Faithfulness about God's Covenant.
For any sect, church, or religion lacking any one of the above-mentioned 3 ID's, they are considered by Christ as "outside" of His inner circle of faithful followers.
The INNER CIRCLE of Christ's faithful followers are the CALLED, CHOSEN, and proven FAITHFUL -- the members of the genuine BRIDE OF CHRIST!
- ...for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are CALLED, and CHOSEN, and FAITHFUL. (Rev 17:14 KJV)
- IS THE CHURCH ALSO THE BRIDE OF CHRIST? IF NOT, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BRIDE OF CHRIST AND THE CHURCH?
- The 3RD STAGE OF SALVATION: The CHOSEN MUST BE PROVEN FAITHFUL TO THE COVENANT
-- LOPE COLUMNA --
The BIBLE EXPLAINER AND REVELATOR